27.9.2016

ONE DRESS, TWO LOOKS


I love and prefer clothes that are easy to combine with different kinds of pieces of clothing and accessories to get different outfits and looks. I never want to buy or make a piece of clothing just so that I would use it once. Here are two different outfits / looks with the same dress. I didn't have camera with me in either of events so photos taken with phone this time :)

I made this dress for my friends' wedding in August. I wanted to make a beautiful, simple and timeless dress that I could use later on as well. For the wedding I accessorized the dress with green Minna Parikka shoes and green clutch bag. Or actually I had the shoes first and then I chose the fabric for dress to go nicely with them. My friend made a braid to my hair and I kept the make up pretty simple. The wedding look was outright quite sweet, summery and some how fairy look-a-like, I think.


Last Saturday I got a new chance to use this dress. I had a student dinner "sittning" (suom. sitsit) where the dress code was "jacket", that meant suit jacket for men and dresses for women. I wanted to create something totally different out of the dress that I had on the wedding and to make the look more autumn. I chose really dark burgundy for earrings, lipstick, and nails and otherwise black accessories. Hair I just fixed back and kept my make up simple excluding lipstick. This look was edgier and more rough comparing to the wedding look.

I really could not wait to combine the dress next with heavy cardigan and ankle boots. But now I would love to hear which one you like the best? The wedding look or the sittning look? Feel free to leave a comment (in english/finnish/swedish) :)

xo, Viivi

6 kommenttia:

  1. Both! <3 Can't wait for the look "heavy cardigan and ankle boots." I'm sure that'll be my favorite!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Ohh, thank you! I think you don't need to wait that long, it's autumn here already. And by the way, first comment on my blog, means a lot! <3

      Poista
  2. Can't decide...both are equally amazing!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Extremely hard to choose as you look absolutely STUNNING in both of them, but if I had to, if I absolutely had to choose, maybe I'd go with the sittning look :) :) :) Puss och kram <3
    -Suvi-

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. THANK YOU <3 I knew it might be tough to choose ;) puss o kram!

      Poista